Sunday, October 7, 2012

Welcome To The World Izzie

Izzie was born on 9/28/2012. She was 7 lbs 14 oz and 19.5 inches long. 


Izzie has been home for a week! It's been quite a learning experience and all the postpartum hormones don't exactly help to make a new mommy feel like she's doing a good job. I don't know how many times I've cried over how I don't know what I'm doing. Andy keeps reminding me that all new parents feel like this for awhile and I'm coming around to the idea that he is right. He is always right! I guess she's survived for a week alone with us so we can't be doing that bad of a job.

Well labor was an experience! Delivering a baby doesn't hurt...if you get an epidural. The contractions on the other hand do hurt before the epidural. Overall it was a great experience we were lucky not to have any complications and Izzie came out crying right away. I chose to do immediate skin-to-skin which is when they literally give the baby to the mother right away and clean her off while she's just laying on you. I was so happy that I didn't have to wait to hold her at all. Yeah she was messy but I sure didn't mind.

She's a great baby. She isn't fussy and pretty much only cries when she's hungry. She sleeps pretty well at night. We've only had one night this week where it seemed like she decided 3 am-5am was awake time. 
Overall though we feel blessed to have such a peaceful baby. I know it's only a mater of time, but for now we're just soaking it in.

I'm doing pretty well with the nighttime feedings, and I hope that the lack of sleep doesn't catch up to me too quickly. My body is healing...thank heavens. This is exciting to me because I can now do more things without being in too much pain. That's right ladies everyone talks about the pain of labor but nobody cared to warn me about the pain of healing your body after the delivery. Maybe I should have figured it out myself. I mean I did just push out a baby, but still I had no clue. 

Grandma and Grandpa Baker are just tickled to have this grandaughter and are eager to help us out often  and answer the thousand of questions I have.
Grandma and Grandpa Haygood came into town this week to meet their grandaughter and then they are back to their mission in Riverside, CA. Grandma Haygood has barely put her down since she arrived. Works for me, I've been able to get more things done around the house.




3 comments:

Dewy and Tasha said...

congratulations tylene!!!!! That is so exciting. She is such a cutie. I hope I get to meet her in person! Giving birth is an amazing experience!

Mary said...

Congrats you guys! I'm so happy for you both! Sadly, the wondering if you're doing a good job may never really go away, but it is much easier to deal with when you aren't postpartum! :) I know you guys are doing an excellent job! Welcome Izzie Mae!

Shanna Payne said...

Yay! All the times we talked about it at work and its here! Congrats! Keep the updates and Picts coming!