Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gallbladder Issues

I have some crazy news! I will probably need to have my gallbladder removed. On Sunday night I started to have horrible abdominal pain. I just thought it was a tummy ache so I tried to power through it. Eventually the pain advanced into my shoulder blades and my chest. I was in so much pain I could barely stay still. I finally decided it was time to go to the emergency room. In my personal opinion the ER is a bunch of hullabaloo. All they said they could do was rule out what it wasn't. When they decided I wasn't having a heart attack they said I was probably just having really bad acid reflux and sent me home. LAME, right? They did give me a very strong dose of some kind of super ibuprofen that helped the pain. Monday I was in a little pain, but it wasn't until Tuesday that I decided to go see my doctor. Right away he had an idea as to what it was. He sent me for some blood work and scheduled me for an ultrasound to check on all my abdominal organs. During the ultrasound it was very clear that my gallbladder was not happy. I had 5-6 gallstones. Now I'm just waiting on my doctor to call me back so that we can figure out what to do next. The pain is pretty bad. Especially when you have a new baby to pick up constantly. Some moments the pain is worst then others. When the pain gets really bad its almost impossible to think of anything else. I really hope the doctor calls soon. It's very frustrating!

Andy is sick with a head cold. Man we're just a bunch of sickies over here. I'm hoping Izzie doesn't get sick. It would not help our situation if we had to deal with a sick baby. As I'm writing this Andy is past out on the couch snoring. Poor guy. 

Lets just hope that these woes we're going through will be short lived.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I hope you all get feeling better soon! Sounds like NO fun!